Nine: My very first travel experience


It was a sudden plan; my brother called me up and asked to go out for photography. I had no clue where was he taking me to. It was Independence Day and we had an off. I thought of just sitting at home and relaxing. But going out there, gave me a very relishing experience.

I never tried taking pictures of birds nor was I interested much. But I had a very great interest in taking pictures of micro world(apparently called as macro shots) with tiny flowers, insects etc. The day I went out, I explored a different horizon.

My brother and his friends had planned up to Tannur lake near Mandya and I was the only girl and we managed to go in bikes. It was indeed exciting thing for me going in bike(yeah there was a Royal En-field bike in the group;) ) for a long drive which I never did before.

I completely enjoyed traveling on bike. Once we reached the spot, everyone scattered themselves and started hunting birds(to take pictures). I was clueless wondering what next when everyone just disappeared leaving me there and indulging themselves in capturing their favourite birds.

 I initially started taking pictures of insects as usual and uncommon things that I spotted. I found some really colorful lizards which I had hardly seen it but never observed. 

I spotted some cob web, the shore, different green shaded leaves, and some old hut. I was kind of scared while I was all alone in the hillock. I could finally spot the team nearby and calling my name loudly to join them. I managed to climb the tip of the bluff and saw an amazing view of the lake. I just forget everything and was enjoying the wind and my brother signed at me to spot the bird.

There was a dried tree with two tiny birds sitting. I was standing against the sun and couldn’t take a better picture. I slowly walked and came to the opposite side and trying to click. We all were waiting for the bird to fly so that we take a picture of the bird in motion. All of us were crazily waiting for several minutes and I was lucky enough to just click a picture while it just took a flight. I giggled with fun that the picture was so awesome and It was my very first click of a bird and that too in motion. I later learnt its name :The Green Bee Eater.

This is a very tiny bird which is hardly about 15 to 18 cms of which 2 inches is made about an elongated central-tail feathers. Very slim, splendidly colored with bright green and bluish line near its neck/throat. A fine black line infront and behind the eye and has a very cute beak. The under surface of the wing is golden brown in color(not sure with the color, but my photo says it).
Speciality of this bird is it mostly catches insects, bees, ants and wasps. Before swallowing the prey, it  removes stings and breaks the exoskeleton by repeatedly thrashing it on the perch. Lovely bird, isnt it? Here are some clicks that I loved capturing...Hope you will like them too...

Ewww..I hate Lizards..But he looks colorful ;)
Traffic traffic everywhere......         
One of my favourite clicks...He was sitting on an electric pole and I had to wait so long for him to fly....
Captured him while my bro was riding his bike and I was sitting behind...
Awww....what can I caption this? Nature is simply beautiful, whether we define it or not...

The Creative creator's creativity.....
                                                
Beauty....
No Captions!!
This is just a grass...It's my photographic skills afterall :-P
While my team was busy chasing the birds, I enjoyed clicking this...
He's posing nicely...so I clicked it......
My all time favourite pic...I loved it...
The cutie couple....guess they have fought each other :-P
Yes yes, grasses again......
Same grasses, different trial in clicks.......
This was the beautiful view from the top of the hillock......it was around 5pm....
I dont know, I find beauty of nature in these small things.....most of the time its hardly identified by others....I mean this grass kinda thing..Dont know what they call it as...
Another click ........
Perfect place to relax, rejuvenate, meditate.....and discover yourself....
This was a tiny thing, it was hardly visible to naked eye..but my camera could see!!
And this one too....all the cute things come in small packages.....a tiny flower in macro shot...
aah yes, this is the Green Bee Eater I was all talking about....
I am so very lucky to capture him in motion....The flying wonder!
Can you count how many birds in this pic?
Whats a day without capturing my hero...the sun....
Goodbye darling, come to meet us tomorrow, with the same energy...I'm tired roaming all around...I'll go home now...









Comments

Popular Posts